SA Jobs Rescue Package
21st April 2020
The SA government announced earlier this month that from June 1st 2020, they would be providing a $10,000 emergency cash grant to qualifying South Australian small businesses.
The Job Rescue Package will work in conjunction with the Federal government’s JobKeeper Payment initiative.
To be eligible for the one-off $10,000 emergency cash grant, a business must:
- Employ people in South Australia.
- Have turnover of more than $75,000.
- Have payroll of less than $1.5 million. The business cannot be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under separate COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian government.
- Have an ABN been operating in SA on the 1st March 2020.
- Have been subject to closure or have been highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions.
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business
For more information and how to apply, please visit Growing South Australia on the SA Treasury website.
The above information is a brief summary only and does not take into account your personal needs and is not a substitute for independent professional advice. We strongly recommend that you speak to your accountant as they will be able to provide you the most suitable advice for your individual circumstance and to ensure that you are also always receiving the most up to date information.