The Queensland government has announced grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible small businesses to assist as part of their Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program. This program has been developed to assist small business to adapt, sustain and build their resilience.
Funding can be used towards:
- financial, legal or other professional advice that will support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- Building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
To be eligible businesses must:
- have their business headquarters in Queensland
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum one-month period
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid and active Australian Business Number (ABN) as of 23 March 2020 and be registered for GST
- have an annual turnover of over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupts
For more information visit www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption
The above information is a brief summary only and does not take into account your personal needs and is not a substitute for independent professional advice. We strongly recommend that you speak to your accountant as they will be able to provide you with the most suitable advice for your individual circumstance and to ensure that you are also always receiving the most up to date information.
Any content on this website is general only and does not take into account your particular circumstances and needs. Before acting on any content you should assess or seek advice as to whether it is appropriate for you.